Men’s Adventure / Cross Bikes
We have lots of great roads to ride in the Sourland region, not all of them are paved. So why limit yourself. These are just a few of our bikes are built to go from road to trail to gravel and back in style and comfort. Starting at $1000.
If you are considering buying a bike online from Giant, or anyone else, we’re glad to help. Have it shipped to us so we can assemble it safely, and professionally. To see the care we take, click here.
Giant Tough Road SLR GX
Starting at $920
This lightweight drop-bar bike makes it fun to ride rough roads, gravel and dirt. A lightweight ALUXX SLR aluminum frame, smooth-handling composite fork, and drop-bar positioning make ToughRoad SLR GX the right choice for adventuring into the unknown. When the pavement ends, your ride doesn’t have to. The fast-rolling 700c wheels are fitted with high-volume Giant tubeless tires. These allow you to run lower tire pressure for comfort and traction, and they also reduce the risk of flat tires. The D-Fuse seatpost absorbs road vibration and shocks to help minimize fatigue on long rides. And powerful disc brakes with 160mm rotors give you added confidence and control on rough roads and in all types of weather. Thoughtful details including integrated rack mounts and the X-Defender downtube complete the package, making ToughRoad SLR GX the perfect machine for tackling imperfect roads.
- Top-end ALUXX SLR-grade aluminum frame with D-Fuse seatpost
- Giant composite fork with alloy/composite OverDrive hybrid steerer
- Giant SX-2 Disc wheelset with Giant CrossCut AT 2 tubeless tires
- Shimano Claris 2x8-speed drivetrain
- Tektro MD-C400 disc brakes
Review: CyclingAbout: “The New 2018 Giant ToughRoad Touring Bikes”
TCX SLR 2/TCX Advanced
Starting at $1600
Carbon TCX Advanced $2050
This high-performance cyclocross bike helps you conquer the most challenging courses—on dirt, sand or mud—and is also up for gravel road adventures. The superlight ALUXX SLR aluminum frame and composite fork help you get up to speed quickly. Disc-brake technology boosts control on tight CX courses or wide-open dirt road descents, while asymmetrical chainstays add pedaling stiffness, and a D-Fuse seatpost smoothes out rough terrain.
Starting at $1050
This versatile machine is purpose-built for adventure. The quick and stable ALUXX SL frame features endurance-oriented geometry and plenty of room for large 700x50c diameter tires—ideal for comfort and control on unpredictable terrain. Disc brakes give you the confidence to bomb down steep and rugged terrain, and the wide ergo-shaped handlebar offers added control. Full-length cable housing produces smooth shifting performance that won’t be compromised by dirt and mud, and the X-Defender downtube guard protects the rider and bike from road or trail debris.
Follow the road to adventure with this versatile, fun-to-ride all-purpose machine. With its lightweight, smooth riding CoMax composite frame and its quick yet comfortable drop-bar positioning, AnyRoad can go from pavement to gravel or dirt without missing a beat. The taller headtube and increased stand-over height give it stable, confident handling. A wide range of gears, ergo-shaped handlebars and user-friendly disc brakes put you in total control. And the puncture-resistant 32c tires encourage you to explore paved or unpaved roads and paths.
Aluminum or Carbon
Starting at $1500
The Specialized CruX takes a lightweight and responsive frame and combines it with a reliable, performance-driven build. And with the ease and efficiency of a SRAM Rival gruppo, you get a bike that’s going to take your riding to the next level.
- With a semi-compact race design and an E5 Premium Aluminum construction, the frame provides plenty of stiffness and agility for the tight turns and accelerations of cyclocross.
- The Specialized FACT carbon fork increases steering response and rider input—no matter the terrain.
- The optional SRAM Rival 1 one-by crankset provides plenty of gearing options without the hassle of dialing-in a front derailleur.
Aluminum or Carbon
Starting at $1000
If you’re looking to start exploring roads you thought no road bike could ever go, the Diverge A1 is the perfect bike to take you there. With an A1 Premium Aluminum frame, coupled with the value-focused Shimano Claris build, it provides confident and predictable handling across varying terrain. Altogether, it’s the perfect bike to get you outside clocking-up miles and searching for adventures.
- Our A1 Premium Aluminum frame provides excellent performance in a budget-conscience option. It’s been coupled with a FACT carbon fork featuring Zertz inserts for increased compliance and reduced fatigue on long rides.
- The AXIS Classic Disc wheelset has been coupled with Espoir Sport tires with Blackbelt protection to create a value-focused option with reliable performance and flat protection.
- Coupled with an 11-32t Shimano Claris cassette, the durable Shimano Claris crankset provides ample power transfer and a wide range of gearing options.
Van Dessel Bikes
Van Dessel: Country Road Bob
Now in stock, Country Road Bob! Way back in 1999, the first bike to exploit our signature Versaconfiguratility was the Country Road Bob. Designed to take on the gravel roads in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies, it became the go-to winter trainer among serious roadies, and was adopted by outliers in the CX scene wanting a funkier cross bike. This latest evolution carries on this heritage, but now with the ability to accept both 650b(2.1" knobbies anyone?) and 700c wheels (up to 40mm). The frame is 6061 double-butted aluminum with shaping to improve shouldering and increased mud clearance, eyelets for fenders and racks, and bosses for three bottle cages - the carbon fork adds two more for a total of five. So if your jonesing to cross the Mojave Desert, or simply need a sweet way to get your butt to work on time, we feel you.
- Fix Cog and Free Wheel standard
- Drive train compatible
- TRP Hylex hydro-disc brakes
- 700cx40, 650bx47 and 29×2.1″ tire capacity
- Thru-Axle dropouts
- Raceable, lightweight, durable, versatile, and nimble
- $1499 complete bike build
Van Dessel: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- Frames starting at $700
- 20 custom build options
The most incredible, stylish, versatile bike: Make it a touring bike, a straight-bar commuter, a funky cyclocross. Come in and find out your options. Steel version coming later.
Van Dessel: Full Tilt Boogie
- The award-wining, race-winning, carbon CX bike
- Pick your gruppo.
"This is a full carbon cross frame that isn't messing around. Tuned for super responsive acceleration off start lines, through hole shots, out of hairpins and wherever else instantaneous speed is needed. Oh, and we added bottle cage bosses, cuz humans get thirsty. But forget cantilevers, this frameset is disc only. Not to mention light, smooth, responsive and thru-axle or quick release compatible."
Van Dessel: A.D.D.
- A snappy handling aluminum cyclocross bike
- Made in America
- 20 build options
The Original Country Road Bob is making a comeback. Available Spring of 2018.
Van Dessel: Motivus Maximus
This carbon road bike is snappy, responsive, yet comfortable for all day rides.
- 28 mm tire clearance
- disc or rim brake
Review: Bicycling Magazine: "Sprint Forever on the Van Dessel Motivus Maximus..."